Follow Us on Twitter
*One of Twitter's new rules directly affecting the @TN511 Twitter accounts means the auto-tweeting of traffic data to @TN511 will be suspended indefinitely. Should the issue be resolved we will let you know.
TDOT uses the Twitter accounts below to provide specific information to motorists about interstates and state roads. This information is also available on the TDOT SmartWay website and through the Tennessee 511 system. We also invite you to follow our statewide @myTDOT Twitter account for general information. (NOTE: Please read the TDOT Social Media Acceptable Use Policy before using TDOT social media channels.)
You can follow TDOT on Twitter by following these steps.
- Open another browser window (or tab) and sign into your Twitter account.
- Go back to the TDOT Multimedia Center tab.
- Click on the particular page you wish to follow. Example: @TN511
- At the top of the page, under the picture, click on the button labeled "Follow."
- Congrats! You are now following that particular TDOT Twitter* page!
- To follow other TDOT Twitter pages, go back to step two.
*Messages sent to the specific TDOT Twitter pages below will not receive responses. Please communicate through the @myTDOT Twitter account.
NOTICE: PLEASE USE OUR SERVICES RESPONSIBLY!
TDOT strongly encourages drivers to refrain from texting, tweeting or calling while operating a vehicle. Have your passenger get the information or "Know Before You Go!"