I-55 Mississippi River Bridge ClosureI-55 and Crump Interchange work continues
MEMPHIS, Tennessee – The Tennessee Department of Transportation contract crews will have a shift in closures in the coming days. The Wisconsin Street Bridge opened on November 17 and Crump Boulevard will CLOSE next week after the Thanksgiving holiday travel period. The latest adjustments are listed below. All work is weather-dependent.
Tuesday, November 28, at 6:00 AM the below will describe the new traffic patterns.
*See attached map.
- I-55 SB outside lane will be closed from the west end of the I-55 Bridge through the project site and the SB inside lane will cross over at the east end of the I-55 Bridge and share the current I-55 NB cloverleaf ramp with I-55 NB and utilize the inside lane of the future I-55 NB from the cloverleaf to the south end of the project.
- I-55 NB outside lane of cloverleaf ramp will be closed to allow for I-55 SB use and the outside lane will remain closed to the west end of the I-55 Bridge.
- Wisconsin Avenue will be opened.
- Crump Boulevard from Kentucky St. to Metal Museum Drive will be closed.
- Metal Museum Drive from Alston to I-55 NB will be closed.
- Riverside Drive SB will remain closed at Carolina.
- Riverside Drive NB will remain closed to Carolina.
- Channel 3 ramp to Riverside Drive SB will remain closed.
- Channel 3 ramp from Riverside Drive SB will remain closed.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/myTDOT for statewide travel or West Tennessee follow https://twitter.com/NicLawrenceTDOT.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text, or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.