Reinstatement FAQs

Suspended License?

If your license has been suspended, it is possible to get it reinstated. Reinstatement requirements vary depending on the type of suspension and the circumstances of the conviction(s). Multiple offenses can also impact your requirement requirements and what you need to pay.

Reinstatement and requirement information is included in the letter(s) you received from the Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

Depending on the reason for the suspension, you may have to complete one or more of these steps:

How do I reinstate my driving privileges?

The Department of Safety and Homeland Security provides a variety of convenient ways to reinstate your driving privileges: online, in person at Driver Services Reinstatement Centers or by mail.

Lost or Stolen License?

If your Driver License has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you can replace it at a Driver Services Center or you may be eligible to order a replacement online in e-Services. Obtaining a replacement license does not change the expiration date of the original issued license.

If your lost license will expire within the next 12 months, you may choose to renew the license rather than just get a duplicate except for temporary licenses. If your license is set to expire in less than six (6) months, you must renew your license.

Fees for a replacement license:

  • First duplicate = $8 dollars
  • Subsequent duplicates = $12 dollars
  • Duplicates for a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) = $12 dollars (extra cost applies if you have enhancements)
  • Subsequent CDL duplicates = $16 dollars

Need a copy of your Driving Record (MVR)?

You, or any person authorized by you, may obtain a copy of your driving record (also called a motor vehicle record, or MVR). A driver record (MVR) contains your driving history and current and resolved court-ordered suspensions, citations, violations and other entries impacting your record.