Business Tax Resources for County Clerks
Business Tax Portal
- Business Tax Access Request Form – This form must be completed to gain access to data from the state for business tax administration and must be completed by any individual needing access to state business tax data. If you currently have access to older existing systems, you must request access again to the new system by using this form. All data is required and can only be accepted from designated city (county) officials that administer business tax for their local government. Please email these completed forms to TR3.Security@TN.gov.
- Business Tax License Application – This form must be used for all applications received after May 23, 2018. Any applications previously used can no longer be used as new specific registration data is required by TNTAP, the state’s filing and tax information system. Officials will use data from these forms to key into their computers to register taxpayers directly with the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- Ownership Structure - This document describes the various types of ownership structures businesses can choose.
- Business Tax Portal Reference Guide - This is a reference guide on how to use the business tax portal application.
- Business Tax Portal Training Videos – This is a document that explains how to access training videos for the Business Tax Portal. Portal access must be obtained before viewing these videos by using the Business Tax Access Request Form.
- Shortcuts for the State Business Tax Portal - This document provides navigation shortcuts for clerks who use the state's business tax portal.
Additional Business Tax Forms for County Clerk Use