Your business tax return is due on the 15th day of the fourth month following the end of your fiscal year. For example, if your fiscal year coincides with the calendar year, then your return will be due on April 15.
Sales and Use Tax
Sales Tax due dates depend on how frequently you file your return:
- Monthly - 20th day of the month following the end of the reporting period
- Quarterly - 20th of the month following the end of the quarter (January 20, April 20, July 20, October 20)
- Annually - January 20
Franchise & Excise Taxes
- Annual – 15th day of the 4th month following the close of your books and records. For business with a 1/1-12/31 calendar year, this tax is due on April 15th of the following year.
- Quarterly estimated payments – 15th day of the fourth, sixth, and ninth months of the current tax year and the 15th day of the first month of the next succeeding tax year, if you have a combined tax liability of $5,000 or more in both the prior and current tax years.
- Extension – 7-months extension
Below is a list of additional taxes new businesses may be subject to. Click on the tax name for more information about filing due dates.