Annual Enrollment Dates for 2024 Benefits:
Retirees: Sunday, Oct. 1 – Friday, Oct. 27
Annual Enrollment is your chance to make changes that will be effective the following Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. If you’re still eligible for benefits and choose to remain enrolled as of Jan. 1, 2024, you can also enroll your eligible dependents. See the Enrolling Eligible Dependents section below for information on documentation needed to enroll new dependents.
If you’re a Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System or Optional Retirement Plan retiree, you may be eligible for dental and vision insurance. To enroll in vision insurance, you must be enrolled in group health coverage.
It’s important to note that if you don’t want to make changes to your benefit selections, NO ACTION is needed on your part during Annual Enrollment. If you don’t make changes, you’ll be enrolled in the same plan options for medical, dental and vision insurance you’re enrolled in now, subject to eligibility.
Note: Networks, providers and benefits may change and impact you. It’s a good idea to review your enrollment selections each year, including your BlueCross BlueShield and Cigna network options.
Hitting the High Notes
We have good news to share for 2024! While health premiums are increasing for most members, there will be no increases to copays, deductibles or coinsurance!
Health Insurance Premiums
- State/higher education retirees: Health insurance premiums will increase by an average of 5%. Premium increases will vary depending on the health plan, network and tier in which you’re enrolled.
- Local education retirees: Health insurance premiums will increase by an average of 5.1%. Premium increases will vary depending on the health plan, network and tier in which you’re enrolled.
- Local government retirees: All members will now have the same level of health insurance premiums. Health insurance premiums will increase by an average of 3.5%; however, premiums may increase or decrease depending on the current level for your agency, and the health plan, network and tier in which you’re enrolled.
See premium charts for details.
All plan members: For the BlueCross Network P and Cigna Open Access Plus networks, the additional cost to your premium will increase by $10 or $20 per month depending on the tier in which you’re enrolled. There continues to be no additional cost above the premium for the BlueCross Network S or Cigna LocalPlus networks.
Other Benefits and Premiums News
- Starting Jan. 1, 2024, Sharecare will be the new wellness program vendor.
- Dental premium changes: Cigna Dental DHMO - Prepaid Provider retiree rate will increase by 3.5%. Delta Dental DPPO plan rates will increase by 1% for all plan members.
- Vision benefits and premiums will stay the same.
How to Make Changes to Your Benefits
If you want to make changes to your insurance coverage online, you can use Employee Self Service in Edison at www.edison.tn.gov.
- Look for the green “Benefits Enrollment” button.
- Log in to Edison using your Access ID. This is not your eight-digit Edison employee ID. To get your Access ID, go to Edison, click the green “Benefits Enrollment” button and then click the “Retrieve Access ID” button. You will need to know your Edison employee ID to retrieve your Access ID. This Edison employee ID can be found on your CVS Caremark prescription card.
- Once logged in, choose the Annual Enrollment tile to start your enrollment.
- All the insurance plans you are currently enrolled in, or that are available to you, are listed in Edison.
- You can enroll on your computer or mobile device. Use the web browser native to its operating system.
You can also fill out the Annual Enrollment application. The application for 2024 will be available starting October 1st.
Submit the form to Benefits Administration by mail or fax.
- Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than Oct. 27, 2023.
- Submit by fax at 615.741.8196 by 11:59 p.m. CT on Oct. 27, 2023.
Important! You may have an old employee email address in Edison. If you try to reset your password to enroll in benefits, the password reset email may go to this old email account. If you don’t receive an email after trying to set up your account, you can enroll by mailing or faxing the application or call Edison at 866.376.0104 for help with your password reset.
If you don’t want to make any changes in your enrollment, NO ACTION is needed on your part.
Enrolling Eligible Dependents
If you’re adding eligible dependents (spouse and/or children) who have not been previously covered (this includes a spouse who has not been covered for six months or more):
- You can add them to medical coverage if you (the retiree) will be covered on the medical plan as of Jan. 1, 2024.
- You may be eligible to add a dependent who is covered on medical to the retiree vision plan. Eligible dependents may also be added to your retiree dental coverage.
- If the dependent is not currently covered on the medical plan, we need documents to prove their relationship to you. Find a list of required documents online under Publications > Forms and then Retirement. Click on Dependent Verification Eligibility Documents.
- Upload documents in Edison if enrolling through ESS or mail copies along with your annual enrollment application or fax to 615.741.8196. You must include your Edison employee ID or Social Security number on each document.
- Dependent verification documents MUST be submitted by the Annual Enrollment deadline of Oct. 27, 2023.
Get Help With Your Enrollment
- Find step-by-step enrollment login instructions by clicking on Enrollment Materials.
- For password reset help, call Edison at 866.376.0104.
- Find Annual Enrollment newsletters, insurance comparison charts and more on the Enrollment Materials page.
- Visit Annual Enrollment Videos for 2024 benefits updates and pre-recorded webinars.
- On the Videos page, learn more about Preferred Provider Organizations, Consumer-driven Health Plan/Health Savings Accounts, dental and vision.
- Newly enrolled members or members who change or transfer their health plan option will receive new ID cards.
- Newly enrolled members or members who change or transfer dental or vision plans will receive new ID cards.
- All newly enrolled CDHP or Local CDHP plan members will receive a new debit card from Optum Financial to use starting Jan. 1, 2024. Current members who stay enrolled will use the same debit card.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor’s mobile app.
- Change your health insurance option*. Annual Enrollment is also your chance to enroll or re-enroll in a Health Savings Account if you chose a Consumer-driven Health Plan. Please consult your tax advisor for advice and to learn about any tax consequences.
- Change your health insurance carrier and network
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for your eligible dependents (retiree must be enrolled in the health insurance plan to add a dependent to coverage)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer among retiree dental options (if you are a Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System retiree based on your own service or higher education Optional Retirement Plan retiree)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree vision options (if you are enrolled in the retiree group health plan and you are a Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System retiree or higher education Optional Retirement Plan retiree based on your own service)
*Limited Preferred Provider Organization is available to local education and local government retirees only. If enrolled in a Consumer-driven Health Plan/Health Savings Account as a retiree or a COBRA participant, you do not qualify for state Health Savings Account funds.
All eligible retirees who have some level of group health coverage for themselves or covered dependents are sent general information on available health care options, premiums, a listing of benefit changes and service areas for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following Jan. 1. After Annual Enrollment, in most cases, subject to eligibility, you can only add or cancel coverage if you have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.