Annual Enrollment for 2023 benefits has ended.
- Change your health insurance option*. Annual Enrollment is also your chance to enroll or re-enroll in a health savings account if you chose a Consumer-driven Health Plan. Please consult your tax advisor for advice and to learn about any tax consequences.
- Change your health insurance carrier and network
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for your eligible dependents (retiree must be enrolled in the health insurance plan to add a dependent to coverage)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer among retiree dental options (if you are a Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System retiree based on your own service or higher education Optional Retirement Plan retiree)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between retiree vision options (if you are enrolled in the retiree group health plan and you are a Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System retiree or higher education Optional Retirement Plan retiree based on your own service)
*Limited Preferred Provider Organization is available to local education and local government retirees only. If enrolled in a Consumer-driven Health Plan/Health Savings Account as a retiree or a COBRA participant, you do not qualify for state Health Savings Account funds.
All eligible retirees who have some level of group health coverage for themselves or covered dependents are sent general information on available health care options, premiums, a listing of benefit changes and service areas for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following Jan. 1. After Annual Enrollment, in most cases, subject to eligibility, you can only add or cancel coverage if you have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.