- Must be at least 21 years of age or older on or before July 1, 2024.
- Must agree to fully participate in all activities of the TNSTRONG Youth Summit, including participation in the breakout sessions of your choice.
- One (1) Adult chaperone for every eight (8) youth.
- Chaperones must match the sex of students:
- If you have male students, you must have a male chaperone.
- If you have female students, you must have a female chaperone.
- Adults are not permitted to sleep in youth participant rooms unless related.
- Chaperones are responsible for making sure all participants from his/her group (both youth and adults) have completed the online registration form by the registration deadline and submit their medical release form to their Regional Tobacco Coordinator.
Before the Summit, you will receive a reminder of Chaperone responsibilities
Suggestions to make the Summit enjoyable and safe for everyone:
- Obtain each youth’s cell phone number if they have one.
- Make sure the youth have your cell phone number.
- Use the buddy system.
· Obtain your youths’ room numbers - NO switching of rooms.
Chaperones review these Guidelines with all participants in your group
- Participants must have their nametag on at all times when they are in the conference and hotel spaces.
- Full participation and attendance are mandatory at all scheduled events by all participants.
- Be on time.
- Turn off or mute your cell phone during session times. If you must take a call, step outside of the session room.
- Participants are to respect other participants by keeping language clean, kind, and encouraging.
- Violence of any kind (verbal or physical) is not acceptable. Any participant engaging in violence will be immediately removed from the event.
- All participants must remain on the grounds of the TNSTRONG Youth Summit location.
- Alcohol and other drugs are prohibited. Any participant under the influence or in possession of alcohol or other drugs will be immediately removed from the event. Charges will be filed against any individual with illegal substances. Participants are to refrain from the use of tobacco in any form (including e-cigarettes, JUULs or vape devices).
- Repair costs for damages incurred to the property will be billed to the group responsible for such damages.
- · All youth participants must be in their rooms by 10:00 pm.
- Each participant will be given a rooming assignment, no changing rooms.
- Female participants are only permitted to be in female assigned hotel rooms, and male participants are only allowed to be in male assigned hotel rooms.
- The swimming pools are off limits.
- Youth participants must be rising 8th grade up to a freshman in college (ages 13-19).
Dress Code: All participants must obey the dress code, and no inappropriate attire will be permitted
- All participants must wear a shirt and shoes at all times.
- Shirts must cover the waist of the pants, including when the arms are raised or stretched directly above the head.
- Clothing must be appropriate with no see-through clothing, crop tops, or tank tops.
- Sexual references (direct or indirect) or other offensive subject matter on t-shirts is not appropriate.
- Clothing advertising alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other drug products is not appropriate.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be fingertip length when arms are down by the side.
Adult chaperones and Tennessee State and County staff are responsible for enforcing the rules as stated. These rules are not subject to interpretation, and each group is expected to follow them without exception. Our primary consideration is to provide a safe, secure environment for all of our participants.
If you need to contact your local Health Department, you can find their information here.
Last Updated: March-2023