Primary Prevention Bright Spot Awards
2024 Bright Spot Award Nominations due July 12, 2024
The Bright Spot Awards are an effort to recognize examples of meaningful primary prevention work taking place across our state.
To nominate an initiative:
- Click here for the nomination form. All nominations must be submitted by July 12, 2024. One nomination form must be completed per initiative nominated. Email completed nominations to Matt Coleman at matthew.coleman@TN.gov.
- All nominations received are redacted so that the review committee will not know the exact location and persons involved with the initiative. The review committee is made up of individuals from each region of the state that reviews, scores, and discusses each submission. An average of the final scores given by the review committee will be used to determine the award level earned.
- Award levels include Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention.
- Awardees are announced each fall.
- Each nomination is presented with a comprehensive feedback report from the committee, which includes strengths of the initiative and opportunities for improvement.
2022 - 2023 Bright Spot Awardees
Past Bright Spot Awardees
Mental Health First Aid Courses
After School Walk/Run Clubs
Positive Behavior Support (Tobacco)
Minority Outreach: English As A Second Language