Compliance Tool Box
Compliance Tool Box is a collection of documents and references all designed to help tank owners learn about and achieve compliance with the Tennessee Underground Storage Tank rules and regulations. Copies are mailed to all Tennessee tank owners early in each year.
Follow the directions below to download a free copy of the 2023 Compliance Tool Box.
- Once the download is complete, go to the folder where you saved the zipped file and you will see a folder labeled ust_toolbox.zip. Double click this folder. It will open the contents where you will see several folders and files.
- Open to "Read First" document to view new features of the Annual UST compliance Toolbox.
- Double click the PDF document name 2023 Annual UST Toolbox and the Toolbox will open.
Most of the forms and UST resources have been downloaded and are a part of the toolbox. That means that for the majority of items, you will not need an internet connection
There are some links on the toolbox that will only access documents on other web sites. You may only view those if your computer is connected to the Internet. Otherwise you will get a message indicating that page cannot be viewed.
Standardized Inspection Manual and Operator information Resources
The Division adopted a Standardized Inspection Process for every inspection. Please follow the link below to access the inspection manual sections, the Operator Manual and the Quick Reference Guide.
Other Useful Links
The Division has located several documents that describe some Best Management Practices (BMPs) or are good resources.
- Suggested Periodic Maintenance for Automatic Tank Gauges and Sensors from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, Division of Oil and Public Safety, July, 2001
- Line Leak Detector Maintenance Checklist from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, June, 2001
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Magnetostrictive and Ultrasonic Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Automatic Tank Gauge Checklist for Mass Buoyancy Probes from the National Work Group on Leak Detection Evaluations List, April, 1997
- Spill And Overfill Operation & Maintenance Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- Walk-Through Inspection Checklist from Operating And Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help And Checklists USEPA, April, 2000
- What to do before, during and after fuel delivery from Underground Storage Tank Operation and Maintenance Manual, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, March, 2000
- Operating and Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems Practical Help and Checklists (EPA, August 2000) and encourage their compliance with UST requirements.