Office of Policy & Planning
TDEC’s Office of Policy & Planning (OPP) provides research, analysis, and strategic support to further the Department’s purpose to enhance the quality of life for Tennessee citizens and the natural environment. OPP accomplishes this mission through:
- Leading research into multi-disciplinary policy topics and developing deliverables for internal and external audiences;
- Establishing and implementing departmental strategic planning initiatives;
- Coordinating Departmental comments on proposed projects or policy actions that impact the Department and/or the State;
- Supporting Environmental Justice efforts; and
- Ensuring TDEC and its contractors and subrecipients are aware of the provisions of and responsibilities associated with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.