Plans Review and Approval of Sewage Works Construction Plans and Documents
- Preliminary Engineering Reports (PERs)
- Preliminary construction drawings (PPs)
- Engineering Reports (or calculations)(ER) for treatment projects
- Final construction documents
- Final Drawings/Plans
- Engineering Reports or Calculations
- Plans for Drinking Water construction projects
- Compliance and Enforcement Documents
- Permit applications (NPDES, SOP, ARAP, Construction Stormwater, etc.)
- Projects required to be submitted in hard copy
- Approval extension requests – email to DWR.Engineering@tn.gov (no fee)
- Gather all documents and payment method (credit card or e-check):
Approval letter from owner (sample letter)
Drawings as a separate single searchable PDF, legible when printed on 11X17 inch paper
Specifications as a separate single searchable PDF
Engineering report or calculations as a separate single searchable PDF
Ensure that all drawings, specifications, engineering reports, and calculations are sealed by an engineer licensed in Tennessee.
Click the link above, then "Begin Form Entry". You will need to register for an account (Skip "Add electronic signature capability" when registering). You can use the same account for multiple projects.
- Complete all sections of the Form and upload files.
- Electronic payment is required to complete the submittal.
Note that there is not a review fee required for Preliminary Engineering Reports (PERs)
- Project review will commence once BOTH the plans and the payment are received.
- Review the status of your project or by clicking on the Dashboard in MyTDEC Forms.
- You will be notified of any additional requirements via an email directing you to the MyTDEC Form. Responses and additional information are to be uploaded to MyTDEC Forms by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Once plans are approved, you will receive an e-mail with the approval letter and a unique link to download a PDF of the approved documents.
Design Criteria for Sewage Works
Guidance for municipalities and industries for the design of sewage systems and wastewater treatment plants.
Design Criteria for Review of Sewage Works Construction Plans and Documents
Design Criteria Chapter 1 - General Engineering Requirements
Wastewater Plans Review Fee Worksheet (CN-1457)
Design Criteria Chapter 2 - Collection Systems
Design Criteria Chapter 3 - Laboratory, Personnel, Maintenance Facilities and Safety Design
Design Criteria Chapter 4 - Preliminary and Pretreatment Facilities
Design Criteria Chapter 5 - Clarifiers
Design Criteria Chapter 6 - Fixed Film Reactors
Design Criteria Chapter 8 - Nitrification
Design Criteria Chapter 9 - Ponds and Aerated Lagoons
Design Criteria Chapter 10 - Disinfection
Design Criteria Chapter 11 - Tertiary Treatment / Advanced Wastewater Treatment
Design Criteria Chapter 12 - Sludge Processing and Disposal
Design Criteria Chapter 13 - Plant Flow Measurement and Sampling
Design Criteria Chapter 14 - Instrumentation, Control and Electrical Systems
Design Criteria Chapter 15 - Small Alternative Wastewater Systems
Design Criteria Chapter 16 - Design Guidelines for Wastewater Treatment Systems Using Spray Irrigation
Design Criteria Chapter 17 - Design Guidelines for Wastewater Dispersal Using Drip Irrigation
Robert G. O'Dette, M.S., P.E