Welcome to the Educator Licensure webpage. To apply for a new Tennessee license or take action on a current license, visit TNCompass. First time users will need to create a registered account. All licensure transactions (e.g., apply, advance, renew, etc.) must be submitted electronically through TNCompass. To have your credentials evaluated for Tennessee licensure eligibility, please submit the desired transaction in TNCompass for review by a licensure specialist. The department no longer accepts paper applications.
Our office now offers educators the convenience of printing a copy of their license directly through TNCompass or through the State of Tennessee. To view and print a copy of your Tennessee educator license, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit https://www.tncompass.org and log into your account
2. Navigate to the Licensure tab of your educator profile
3. Click the blue "Print License," button next to the desired license
4. The system will generate a PDF of your license, suitable for printing and framing
5. The printed version of your Tennessee educator license is the official version of your license
Educators may also purchase a printed license through the State of Tennessee using the following link: https://shop.dgs.tn.gov/product/dept-of-education-teaching-license-print-request/
Please note: Once the printed request is received, it may take up to ninety (90) days to receive a license in the mail. Any inaccuracies made in the request are the responsibility of the requestor.