Accelerating TN 2022 Tour
From June 1- June 15, the Accelerating TN 2022 Tour, a statewide bus tour spanning 50 school districts over the course of three weeks, will highlight summer learning opportunities. Department members, elected officials, and education partners will have the chance to join the various engagements to learn more about how schools are accelerating student achievement.
Tennessee continues to lead the nation in supporting students, prioritizing education policies and initiatives to combat learning loss due to the national pandemic, and ensuring our children are set up for success.
During the General Assembly’s 2021 special legislative session on education, legislators passed the Tennessee Learning Loss Remediation and Student Acceleration Act, which set forward a path for all districts’ current and future summer programming opportunities to benefit students and accelerate achievement.
This year, the General Assembly passed the Tennessee Investment in Student Achievement (TISA) Act, which updates the way the state funds public education for the first time in over 30 years and prioritizes the needs of each individual student.
To highlight these important policies and programs to support students, Former Commissioner of Education Penny Schwinn, department staff, state and local elected officials, and community partners are visiting 50 of Tennessee’s school districts this summer to connect directly with students, educators, and stakeholders. Planned highlights include visits to Summer Learning Camps and a Reading 360 Early Reading Training. Additionally, on numerous visits, the Commissioner and guests will partake in district leadership roundtables discussing strategic initiatives accelerating student achievement and the new TISA public school funding formula as well as events highlighting state, regional or district work.
On June 6th, the bus tour will feature a special statewide celebration on the TISA public school funding formula and the new $1 billion recurring investment in K-12 public education.
The schedule for the Accelerating TN 2022 Tour is:
- June 1-3: Northwest, Mid-Cumberland, and South Central CORE Regions
- June 1: Dyer County Schools, Dyersburg City Schools, Alamo City Schools, Haywood County Schools, Gibson County Special School District, Trenton Special School District
- June 2: Tennessee School for the Blind, Manchester City Schools, Tullahoma City Schools, Bedford County Schools
- June 3: Houston County Schools, Paris Special School District, Hollow Rock-Bruceton Special School District, Henderson County Schools, Humphreys County Schools
- June 6-10: Upper Cumberland, Southeast, East, and First CORE Regions
- June 6: Grundy County Schools, Marion County Schools, Hamilton County Schools
- June 7: Athens City Schools, Loudon County Schools, Lenoir City Schools, Jefferson County Schools, Knox County Schools
- June 8: Tennessee School for the Deaf, Oak Ridge City Schools, Anderson County Schools, Sevier County Schools
- June 9: Greene County Schools, Greeneville City Schools, Washington County Schools, Carter County Schools, Elizabethton City Schools
- June 10: Fentress County Schools, Alvin C. York Institute, Putnam County Schools, DeKalb County Schools, Jackson County Schools
- June 13-15: Southwest, South Central, and Mid-Cumberland CORE Regions
- June 13: Achievement School District, Arlington Community Schools, Lakeland School System, Collierville Schools, Bartlett City Schools
- June 14: West Tennessee School for the Deaf, Jackson-Madison County Schools, Lexington City Schools, Hardin County Schools
- June 15: Robertson County Schools, Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools, Dickson County Schools, Cheatham County Schools
- Accelerating TN 2022 Tour Schedule and 1-Pager
- Accelerating TN 2022 Tour Photos
- Accelerating TN 2022 Tour Videos
- Press Releases: