Coronavirus (COVID-19): Resources and Funding
Note: Health and government officials continue to work together to maintain the safety, security, and health of all Tennesseans. DBEs, microenterprises, small businesses, and entrepreneurs are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
These pandemic resources are for DBE, microenterprises, small businesses, and entrepreneurs as well as ESOs and communities.
Check back periodically for updates.
Federal program offerings
US Small Business Administration (SBA) (f): for small businesses, nonprofits, and faith-based organizations – closed for application
o Targeted EIDL Advance (limited eligibility)
o SBA EIDL Advance: closed
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
State program offerings
- Tennessee Business Relief Program
- Supplemental Employer Recovery Grant Program (SERG)
For more information visit Tennessee CARES Act Management System.
See here for other disasters.
- SBA Disasters assistance (f)
- SBA Recovery essentials (f)
- TEMA (s): information on current disaster in Tennessee
- Farm Services Agency/FSA (f): farm-related assistance programs
- IRS (f): Disaster assistance and emergency relief
- Ready (f): business continuity planning and resoruces
- SBA (f): Recovery hub
- TEMA (s): Individual Assistance
- BERO (s): find resources
- Center for Profitable Agriculture (s): ag-related businesses
- TSBDC (s): help preparing SBA loans
- Co.Starters’ Recovery Guide (o): help small businesses regain their footing after disaster
- HelloAlice: COVID-19 Small Business Resource Center (o): funding and guidance on how to support entrepreneurs and small business owners
ESO and Community focused
- Co.Starters’ Recovery Guide (o): help regain footing after disaster
- National Main Street (o): resources, opportunities, and community response
- Retail Strategies (o): guide for retailers and communities that addresses federal small business loans; laws and advocacy; local resources for marketing, getting creative.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund (o): provides a COVID-19 guide for nonprofits.
- Restore Your Economy (o): IEDC managed, resources for working on economic recovery efforts for a disaster-impacted community.
Before closing your business get help from the TSBDC or other ESO. If you decide it is still the best option for your business, here are some basic steps:
1) File a Final Return and Related Forms
2) Take Care of Your Employees
3) Pay the Tax You Owe
4) Report Payments to Contract Workers
5) Cancel Your EIN and Close Your IRS Business Account
6) Keep Your Records
Other languages available here.
Stay informed. Beware of scams and fraud. Be cautious about sharing your personal and business information. Here are a few resources:
- SBA (f): Scams and Fraud alerts
- Federal Trade Commission/FTC (f): business alerts, guidance, how to report
- Consumer Affairs (s): business and consumer resources
Key: (f) federal, (s) state, (o) other
Visit here for broad COVID-19 resources for Tennesseans, and for public information call 877.857.2945.
This Page Last Updated: May 6, 2022 at 4:27 PM