Day Reporting/Community Resource Centers
As part of the Public Safety Act of 2016, the Tennessee Department of Correction (TDOC) implemented Day Reporting/Community Resource Centers which serve as alternatives to incarceration by placing eligible participants in structured and intensive outpatient programs. The programs provide resources and services to offenders to assist them as they work towards becoming productive citizens in their communities.
The DRC is a one-year three-phase program that will assist offenders with a moderate to high substance use need. In order to be eligible for the program, the participant must be under the supervision of TDOC's Community Supervision, have at least 18 months left on probation or parole supervision.
The DRC programs will be complimented by an on-site Community Resource Center (CRC), which provides access to and assistance with a multitude of services and resources. CRC services will be available to any offender on community supervision and anyone who has been released after expiration of sentence. If you are not referred by a probation/parole officer, contact the CRC directly for assistance.
TDOC is mission driven. We want to enhance public safety by changing the way we do business. It is more cost-effective to keep non-violent offenders out of the prison system. It currently costs $79.00 per day to incarcerate an offender versus $41.00 per day for an offender to report to a Day Reporting/Community Resource Center. Our goal is to provide the participants with evidenced-based programming and treatment in an environment where they can continue to be with their families and community.
To enhance public safety by providing guidance, treatment,education and supervision to promote successful rehabilitation and reentry.
- Gainful Employment After Incarceration
- Knoxville CRC Programming During COVID
- Bridging The Gap
- Knoxville DRC October 2019 Graduation
- Johnson City DRC Recovery Fair
- Memphis DRC Graduation On The Horizon
- Celebrating Recovery: Graduating From The Day Reporting Center
- Nashville DRC Graduates Inaugural Class
- Jackson DRC Celebrates First Graduating Class
- Johnson City DRC Graduates Another Class of Clients
- Nashville Day Reporting Center Graduation
- Community Based, Community Focused
- Aimee's Story
- Helping To Make Tennessee A Safer Place To Live
- Being An Example for Others
- Tailored To Our Participants Specific Needs
- A Collaborative Effort