Employment Benefits and Resources
The Department of Correction employs more than six thousand six hundred Tennesseans across the state. While correctional officer positions are the most common, the department is always looking for great nurses, probation parole officers and administrators interested in the field of corrections.
Policy 302.12 Drug-Free Workplace (pdf format)
Affirmative Action Policy Statement (pdf format)
Affirmative Action Plan FY 2020-2021 - Part 1 (pdf format)
Affirmative Action Plan FY 2020-2021 -Part 2 (pdf format)
Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report (pdf format)
Employment Application (pdf format) (Open the application in Acrobat Reader, click Fill and Sign, and then Add Text. Once completed, save the application and send it by email.
Important: Before being able to view a PDF file, you must download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Annual Leave (One Day Per Month)
- Sick Leave (One Day Per Month)
- 401K or 457K Deferred Compensation Programs
- Health Insurance (80% State Paid)
- Approximately 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union
- Sick Leave Bank Eligibility (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cash Overtime/Compensatory Time (Based Upon Status as Exempt or Non-exempt)
- Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace (Policy 302.12)
- Retirement Package with Insurance Options
- Employee Suggestion Program
- Uniforms & equipment are furnished for correctional officer, building maintenance and food service positions.
- There are many additional benefits available.